Parents Newsletter 25.1.22
CBS Primary Tralee
Covid guidelines have greatly changed for the world outside of the school since last Saturday. It’s great to see some of the restrictions are finally gone and we are finally beginning to see the pathway away from COVID.
However, we must maintain our defences within the school for a few more weeks – further guidelines are expected from the Government for all schools, but in the meantime, we expect the current situation to remain in our school at least until the end of February.
Since our school reopened in January, we are continuing to see cases of Covid within our school community and this is expected to continue for the next few weeks. Parents have been very cooperative and we thank you for your support.
Denis Coleman, Principal
If a child who has been in school tests positive
- Parents are asked to contact the school to let us know 0667124029 0876386917
- Principal with Teacher will identify close contacts within the class / Pod
- Parents of children identified as a close contact will receive a text from the school:
- You will need to order Free antigen Tests
- You will be given a telephone number to call and you will be given the school Roll Number
- When you get the Antigen tests, test your child on day 1, 3 and 5
- If your child is symptom-free and tests negative, they go to school as normal
Helping to keep everyone safe and to keep our school open
- If you or your child have symptoms – self-isolate and get a test – always play it safe!
- If someone in your house is unwell, please follow guidelines regarding testing and keep children at home at home until you are sure there is no Covid-19 in your house.
- If your child has to be collected from school because he/she is unwell, they need to stay home until they are well for 48 hours.
- Children in 3rd – 6th will continue to wear masks – this keeps them safe, keeps their classmates safe and keeps our staff safe. Remember, this is only a temporary measure – your support is much appreciated.
- If a child comes to school without a mask, we will have one for them, however, it will greatly help if they brought their own mask to school with them.