Parents Newsletter 10.1.22
CBS Primary Tralee
Happy New Year to you all !! I hope the new year brings happiness and good health to your family.
We are all delighted to be back again at school after our Christmas Holidays – this time last year, schools were closed and everybody was at home for January, February and part of March !!! This year we are back at school and we hope, once again, that we can all work together to keep our families safe and to keep our school open.
After two years of dealing with Covid-19, I’m sure you are all tired of ever-changing guidelines and probably very confused at this stage too. I will try to continue to keep the message simple but remember, as always, if you are unsure about anything, please get in touch with us by phone, email or by Teams.
Denis Coleman, Principal
The Simple Message
- If you or your child have symptoms – self-isolate and get a test – always play it safe!
- If someone in your house is unwell, please follow guidelines regarding testing and keep children at home at home until you are sure there is no Covid-19 in your house.
- If your child has to be collected from school because he/she is unwell, they need to stay home until they are well for 48 hours.
- Children in 3rd – 6th will continue to wear masks – this keeps them safe, keeps their classmates safe and keeps our staff safe. Remember, this is only a temporary measure – your support is much appreciated.
- If a child comes to school without a mask, we will have one for them, however, it would greatly help if they brought their own mask to school with them.
Covid -19 Guidelines – Frequently asked questions in the Office
If you are waiting for a PCR Test: you need to self-isolate while waiting for a test result, even if you are vaccinated.
Children who are close contacts of a family member who tested positive – isolate for 14 days. If your child is negative on day 10 and symptom-free, they can return to school.
|If You have had a Booster Vaccine||If you had No Booster Vaccine|
|If You tested positive||Isolate for 7 Days and return to normal only when symptom-free||Isolate for 10 Days and return to normal only when symptom-free|
|If You are a close contact in a household setting||Restrict Movements for 5 days – do 3 antigen tests on day 1, 3 and 5||Restrict movement for 10 days – do antigen tests every 2nd day|
Denis Coleman, Principal.