Return to School 15th March 2021
Guidelines for Parents of 3rd – 6th Class
As we return to school again, our priorities are to keep everyone safe and to keep the school open. We must all work together and take responsibility for this by following COVID-19 Guidelines.
Parents must make sure we have an up to date mobile phone number for you so that the school can contact you if your child needs to go home. Please save the school numbers to your phone 0667124029 0876386917
Please remember the following – this will help all of us to stay safe:
Self-isolation means staying indoors and completely avoiding contact with other people. This includes other people who live in the same house as your child, as much as possible.
When should you Self-Isolate?
- If your child is waiting for an assessment by a GP
- If your child is waiting for a test or results of a test
- If your child has signs of COVID-19 disease who should be tested but is not tested for some reason, or does not want to be tested.
- If your child tests positive
- If your child is a close contact of someone with COVID-19.
Restricting movement means avoiding contact with other people as much as possible and not going to school or creche.
When should you Restrict your movements? (14 days)
- Household contacts of a child waiting for an assessment by a GP or waiting for a COVID-19 test result must restrict their movements.
- Close contacts of a positive case must restrict their movements.
- If your child or someone in your house recently arrived home having visited another country, they must restrict their movements.
- If anyone in your house is a close contact of someone who recently returned home from a visit to another country, then they must restrict their movements.
Remember …. If in doubt, ask your GP first, before you send your children to school
- Before your child returns to school
Practice regular handwashing; Explain the importance of covering coughs and sneezes; Plan for your route to school – Ideally park a short distance away and walk the rest of the way – this will help to avoid large crowds gathering and will promote social distancing at drop off and home times
- Before you leave home:
Last job before you leave home your child should wash their hands. Children should bring back all of their books in their schoolbag, which will be kept in school. No homework for the first two weeks – they will be working very hard in school and their parents need a break from home-schooling too !!
- When you arrive at the school:
The school Gate will open at 8.30 am; Parents are requested to Drop and Go – children will enter the school yard by the new main gate and go directly to their line and stay in their line.
- Parents at Drop Off and at Home time:
Please maintain social distancing, wear a mask and follow Public Health Guidelines when waiting at the gate.
- School Lunches
Children should bring lunchbox in separate to their schoolbag – this will be the only item going home each day for the first two weeks. No lunches are to be dropped off during the day – we will have to limit the amount of movement within the school.
- Home Time
3rd – 6th Classes will be dismissed starting with 6th Class at 2.15, followed by 5th, 4th 3rd etc We will use the same procedure as before Christmas whereby an older child will bring younger brothers and sisters with them. Parents are requested to leave as soon as their child / children arrive out to you.
School Uniform and School Tracksuit changed regularly. Children are not required to wear masks.
- If you need to visit the Secretary’s Office
Make an appointment – ring 066 7124029; Wear a mask – wash your hands beforehand; Use hand
sanitiser inside front door; If you have any questions / concerns, Ring office or contact via Email:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact with teacher
Use your child’s teacher’s email or Microsoft Teams where possible – the School Secretary will give you the teacher’s email if you don’t already have it
The children in their new class will be called a “Bubble”. The class/Bubble will not mix with other classes. Each class/Bubble will have their own area of the yard to play in at break time.
Windows will be regularly opened wide at break times and will remain slightly open throughout the day to allow for circulation and fresh air in the classrooms. Children will also be out in the fresh air more often. Make sure your child has a jacket / warm clothes to allow for cooler temperatures.